Saturday, September 01, 2007

Back "On-line" with PCLinuxOS --

Well, that wasn't too bad. I've still got six CD and two "thumbs" worth of files to reload into my computer . . . but I am now up-and-running and MicroSoft-free!

Thanks to my friend Stuart, we were able to get my computer up-and-running on the PCLinux Operating System. I now have eMail again (although I lost all of my old emails) and can use my browser. There is still a lot to do, but those are, after all, the basics.

Also, I am completely unready for Sunday's game . . . I'll need to get busy.


-- Jeff

2 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Welcome back, Jeff!

Enjoy the game,

Stokes

David Morfitt said...

Congratulations on moving to Linux! I keep planning to do it but haven't yet got round to it - but when I do I'll probably have XP too and dual boot the computer, as I have quite a lot of Windows programs that Linux may not have.

It will be interesting to hear how you get on with it.

Regards,

David.