Friday, November 17, 2006

Some Alternate Flags --

After a hiatus of some time due to power problems, here is a return to something having to do with "toy soldiers" and the mid-eighteenth century.

Previous posts have displayed the flags of Saxe-Bearstein. Here are some of the "flag patterns" for my Austrian-style opponent (whose name is still up in the air -- but might be Eaglestein).

The first flag is for a typical infantry regiment. The corner sections are certainly open to the use of many different colors (similar to 18th century French flags).

The second flag would be for cavalry units. Again, the field color would be subject to change.

Also, the field of the central "oval" color (as well as corner decorations) can also have different colors.

Incidently, if anyone would like to copy and use these flags, they have my permission to do so . . . although I'd prefer that you do not copy my Saxe-Bearstein flags unless you delete the central "bear" and replace it with your own symbol.


-- Jeff

4 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Happy Sunday Jeff,

I really like these two new flag designs, especially the red, gold, and black infantry standard. Where did you find the eagle for your central device?

Stokes

Bluebear Jeff said...

Stokes,

I'm not sure where I got it. Sometimes I get them from "clip art" sites and sometimes I get them from heraldry websites. Every once in a while I just search for images that I might eventually use for flags, etc. I found this eagle some time ago, so I can't tell you just where.


-- Jeff

marinergrim said...

Nice work Jeff.

Not sure about "Eaglestein" as a name though. Too similar to Bearstein?

Bluebear Jeff said...

Not sure that I'm all that taken with it either . . . so I'm open to suggestions.


-- Jeff