Sunday, November 12, 2006

Exigencies of Life --

Isn't it amazing how some of the little crises of our daily lives can disrupt our "routines" so much? I can't claim any great events that kept me from keeping up with this blog.

Okay, there were the American elections which DID occupy my attention for several days (and still does, if the truth be told) . . . but that's really not an excuse. Nor are the trips I've had to make for my beloved wife this last week . . . they took up time; but I often thought of 18th century things while driving.

No, sadly, I think that I've just not been in the blogging mood much these past few days. I HAVE been doing some work on my "Tricorne Wars" rules, but nothing that really warranted discussion here.

Hopefully I will soon have more inspiration again.


-- Jeff

3 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Hi Jeff,

I've been in much the same boat. Just too much else going on to pay proper attention to my blog the last several days -- and I realize that I owe you all some photos of my latest regiment. Those are coming, I promise! Maybe Santa Claus might bring me my own digital camera?

Best Regards,

Stokes

Bluebear Jeff said...

Stokes,

The digital camera I have is several years old and still takes great shots. Anything you get now will probably be far better than mine (the march of technology rules). The only thing I'd advise is to be sure that the camera you get has some sort of "macro" setting . . . in other words, it is able to take extreme close-ups.

Now, if your primary use for it will be photos for the web, you needn't be overly concerned with getting a camera with the most megapixels since you don't want such extreme detail that it will take forever to load . . . and besides, relatively low resolution shots look great online. In other words, look well below the "top of the line" cameras.

Also, be sure to look for one that uses a battery size that you can get rechargeable batteries for. All digicams are battery hogs and you WILL want to get a battery charger and rechargeable batteries (probably two sets of batteries) for it.

I hope that this information is useful to you.


-- Jeff

Poruchik said...

WOW, I feel like I'm the guy letting you all down! My job is really rough at the moment-and we are facing the worst 4 weeks now!!!! I hope to post half as religiously as you and Stokes have! I also hope to get the next installment of border troubles posted in the next few days. I think you are doing fine!!!

Donald~